Becoming a Boilermaker has brought unique opportunities, lifelong friendships, and unforgettable memories
Hometown: Sullivan, IN
Major & Concentration: Agribusiness (Agri-Marketing Concentration) & Ag Communication
Minors or Certificates: Event and Meeting Management
Why did you come to Purdue: Growing up in a family of Boilermakers and attending Purdue basketball and football games, I always knew I wanted to come to Purdue!
Favorite Purdue tradition: The All-American Marching Band’s half-time and pre-game shows in Ross Ade
Top three influences at Purdue:
- My best friends and roommates
- Glenwood Cooperative
- Campus Outreach
Top five memories of your time at Purdue:
- Storming the field at the Michigan State football game
- Serenades during New Membership at Glenwood
- Igloo runs with my best friends
- Watching Purdue football play in the 2021 Music City Bowl
- Sledding down Slayter Hill
Places you have been as a Purdue student:
- Italy (Study Abroad)
- Orlando, Florida (Orlando Project with Campus Outreach and internship with Hilton Grand Vacations)
- Indiana State Fair (as a part of my internship with Indiana Pork)
- Kansas City, Missouri (AFA Leaders Conference)
Favorite club/organization: Glenwood Cooperative
Favorite Student-led event/initiative: Moonlight Pancake Breakfast
Favorite Purdue event: Purdue basketball and football games! The atmosphere is unmatched, and I love all of the traditions
Favorite Social Activity: “The Porch” on Thursday nights at Northview Church
Favorite place to study: Glenwood Cooperative dining room!
Favorite spot on campus: Mackey Arena
Favorite thing about CoA: The College of Ag is like one big family! Everyone wants you to succeed, and the faculty does an amazing job connecting you with the resources to do so.
Favorite thing about your major: The wide range of courses that we get to take gives us experience in numerous areas, and this will help make us more marketable to future employers
Favorite class: ASEC 285 – Introduction to Publication Design
Favorite professor: Dr. Tucker
Coolest project: AGEC 331 Ready, Set, Sell Project
Three biggest accomplishments:
- Becoming a part of Glenwood Cooperative
- Serving on the Purdue Cooperative Council
- Putting on the Moonlight Pancake Breakfast and other events with Ag Council
Things on your resume not listed above: Glenwood Cooperative President, Collegiate Farm Bureau Vice President, involvement in Campus Outreach
Where do you want to end up: Ideally somewhere in Indiana, but I’m open to whatever opportunities come my way!
Advice for underclassman: Get connected to the people around you as early as you can, whether it’s through a club, your classes, or a student organization on campus
Biggest takeaway from Purdue: The lifelong friendships and connections I’ve gained while at Purdue! I’m extremely thankful for all of the amazing opportunities that I’ve been able to experience and the unforgettable memories I’ve made throughout my time as a Boilermaker.