The choice to be a Boilermaker allowed for unlimited opportunity in academics, extra-curriculars, and industry experience
Hometown: Groveland, NY
Major & Concentration: Agricultural Systems Management and Agribusiness Management
Why did you come to Purdue: As an out-of-state student I looked at many schools, but Purdue showed me that they care about their students and presented the several paths I could take.
Favorite Purdue tradition: The fountain run
Top three influences at Purdue:
- Semester study abroad in Dublin, Ireland.
- Student organization involvement.
- Friends made along the way.
Top five memories of your time at Purdue:
- Horse shows with the western equestrian team.
- The first warm week in the spring; playing beach volleyball, biking, and just being outside.
- Boiler Gold Rush.
- Den Pop Fridays.
- Tailgating with friends on game days.
Places you have been as a Purdue student:
- Dublin, Ireland for a semester abroad.
- Kansas City for AFA Leadership Conference.
- Indiana as a crop scout.
- Minnesota and Louisiana as a grain operations intern.
- Indianapolis for the Ag Fish Fry.
Favorite club/organization: Purdue Western Equestrian Team
Favorite Student-led event/initiative: Ag Week
Favorite Social Activity: Any Purdue athletics event
Favorite place to study: ABE building
Favorite spot on campus: 5th floor view from the ABE building
Favorite thing about CoA: The various ways to get involved and participate in events.
Favorite thing about your major: The range of topics covered and job positions available to students in my major.
Favorite class: ASM 420
Favorite professor: Dr. Harlow
Coolest project: Designing a farm building and layout for sheep utilizing AutoCAD.
Three biggest accomplishments:
- ABE Junior of the Year.
- Obtaining internships that have allowed me to travel and gain new experiences.
- Helping students thrive at Purdue as an ABE ambassador and a Peer Success Coach.
Where do you want to end up: Anywhere in the world pursuing a career in agriculture.
Advice for underclassman: Take the opportunities that put you out of your comfort zone, that's where you experience the most growth.