PURDUE TAKES LOCAL STUDENT ACROSS THE WORLD!
Name: Lindsay Roberts
Hometown: Rossville, IN
Major/Minor/Certificate: Agribusiness Management; Crop Science; Entrepreneurship
Why did you come to Purdue: I came to Purdue because I felt at home the minute I stepped on campus for my tour. I knew I would fit in well in the College of Ag and it would provide me with the necessary skills to succeed in post-graduation.
Favorite Purdue tradition: Sledding down Slayter Hill with my friends!
Top three influences at Purdue:
- My favorite professor (Dr. Schweitzer)
- My advisor (Jodi Thomas)
- My best friend/boyfriend (Ethan Buck)
Top five memories of your time at Purdue:
- Study abroad trip to Italy, loved touring different ag businesses there.
- Friday nights at the Purdue Trap & Skeet Club.
- Being in Sigma Alpha especially formal, ag in the classroom, and sisterhood events.
- Vision trip to Ecuador with Campus House helping the youth programs with bible lessons.
- Baking cookies with my boyfriend for our friends every Christmas.
Places you have been as a Purdue student:
- Northern Italy for an Ag Econ study abroad.
- Central Ecuador with Purdue Campus House.
- North & South Dakota for an internship with Agtegra Co-Op.
- Southern Illinois with Purdue Trap & Skeet Club.
Favorite club/organization: Sigma Alpha
Favorite student-led event/initiative: Moonlight Pancake Breakfast
Favorite Purdue event: Purdue Ag Week
Favorite place on campus: Memorial Mall
Favorite place to study: At my apartment
Favorite thing about the College of Ag: I appreciate how the college makes it easy to get involved in activities you’re passionate about and prepares you well for the future.
Favorite class: AGRY 37500 & ENTR 31500
Favorite teacher: Dr. Schweitzer (AGRY 37500 & AGRY 59800)
Three biggest accomplishments at Purdue:
- Revamped Sigma Alpha’s Ag in the Classroom program as the Community Service Director.
- Earned many scholarships through the College of Ag.
- Learned how to drive a tractor!
Something about you that is not listed on your resume: I love to travel! I’ve been to 7 countries, and I’m signed up for the food science 2024 spring break in Israel.
Future Plans: I plan to find a job specializing in Agri-Marketing near home right after graduation. I later hope to start my own social entrepreneurship dedicated to solving local food insecurity.
Advice for lower classmen: Don’t be afraid to try something new or to get to know your professors. Stepping out of my comfort zone was the best decision I made while in college. You’ll never know where it may take you!
Biggest takeaway from Purdue: I have met some truly amazing people on this campus that I hope to keep in touch with for a lifetime. I am sad my time is coming to an end but excited to utilize the skills I have learned here!