- Achieve preeminence in discovery and innovation to address global challenges in food, life and natural resource sciences.
- Basic research advancing its impact on the world.
- Leadership in interdisciplinary and collaborative research expanding the research footprint and impact on the frontiers of knowledge and applications.
- Innovative applications meeting challenging societal needs as a leading contributor toward advancing quality of life, livelihood and the environment.
- Global recognition for driving discovery toward solutions to challenges of food, life and natural resource systems.
- Accomplishments that raise the distinction, stature and world rankings of the College.
- Success in garnering significant investments from public and private entities at state, national and international levels, thus advancing the global visibility and competitiveness of the College.
Key Strategic Initiatives
- Drive discovery
- Seek solutions that address challenges of food, life and dimensions of natural resource systems and the environment.
- Conduct basic research that creates fundamental knowledge to broaden discovery pathways.
- Enable data science and digital technologies for the next generation of decision-making for food, life science and agriculture.
- Address global challenges through discovery and innovation
- Invest in people:
- Promote leadership in interdisciplinary research to expand the College's research footprint and impact on the frontiers of knowledge and applications by facilitating connections and creative collaborations.
- Champion accomplishments that raise the distinction, stature and world rankings of the College.
- Recruit, retain and promote world-class faculty, staff and students.
- Maximally engage the next generation of thinkers and problem-solvers to be future-ready through innovative graduate programs.
- Empower a working and learning environment that welcomes, values, supports and promotes diversity, inclusion and equity for all persons.
- Invest in people:
- Modernize facilities and resources
- Design and refresh facilities with people-centric designs that promote socialization within (and between) research groups.
- Identify and invest in unique facilities that promote discipline convergence in addressing multifaceted research problems.
- Plan new research workspaces for greater flexibility and adaptability.
- Align resources to pivot to match new research needs.
- Create and leverage strategic alliances
- Attract significant investments from public and private entities at state, national and international levels.
- Identify and seek unconventional partners and alliances while remaining connected to current stakeholders.
- Conceive and develop disruptive frameworks and technologies for agriculture, food and life sciences
- Engage in creative activities (e.g., Hackathons and Ag-Eng days) that hasten ideation and team formation.
- Promote and recognize team efforts that expand the reach of agriculture and life science discovery.
- Promote an "ideation-to-outcomes" approach to science
- Develop innovative applications in meeting challenging societal needs as a leading contributor toward advancing quality of life, livelihood and the environment.
- Foster, recognize and reward entrepreneurship in research and graduate education.